Protect Them with Needed Pet Vaccinations
Pet vaccinations provide needed protection against highly contagious, sometimes lethal animal diseases. In fact, through the use of responsible vaccinations, many debilitating pet illnesses have become much less common. Although this is fantastic, it wouldn’t continue if owners didn’t keep their pets' vaccinations up-to-date. At Maurice Veterinary Clinic, we work with pet owners to recommend both core and lifestyle vaccinations for the most ideal protection.
Core Vaccinations at Our Practice
Your pet’s health is the most important concern to us at Maurice Veterinary Clinic. Therefore, we follow core guidelines used by the greater veterinary community in addition to administering other essential pet vaccinations. Due to our location in Louisiana, it’s important that dogs are vaccinated against the leptospira bacteria. Though it can be found in soil, many incidences have revolved around water and warm climates. Like rabies, leptospirosis can be spread from animals to humans. Cats in our area require the same additional protection as dogs. Since kittens are at a heightened risk of contracting feline leukemia, we consider vaccination against it as essential.
Core vaccinations for dogs include:
- The distemper-parvo combination vaccine with boosters to follow.
- Rabies can be administered either one or three years.
Canine Vaccine Packages
|Package 2||Rabies & Booster||$40.00|
|Package 3||Rabies, Booster, & Bordetella||$55.00|
|Package 4||Rabies, Booster, |
Bordetella, & Heartworm Test
Core vaccinations for cats include:
- FVRCP protects felines from three highly contagious diseases.
- Feline leukemia (FeLV) is spread between cats in close contact or through bites.
Feline Vaccine Packages
|Package 2||Rabies & Booster||$27.00|
|Package 3||Rabies, Booster, & Leukemia||$45.00|
A Full Comprehensive Exam can be added to for $35.00 to any package.
Lifestyle Vaccinations for the Most Protection
Our expertise doesn’t stop at your pet’s core vaccinations. Because some pets are at an increased exposure risk, we also administer lifestyle vaccinations. Does your pet travel to other parts of the country? Are they ever boarded, or do they play their cares away in dog parks? Well, they may be a good candidate for lifestyle protection we offer at our practice.
- We offer testing for feline immunodeficiency virus (FIV). If you have a multiple cat household, it's wise to test any new additions before they enter your home.
- Different parts of the country have seen outbreaks of canine influenza. If you travel with your dog or board them, they will likely benefit from this protection.
- Bordetella, or kennel cough, protects dogs from this bacterium causing upper respiratory concerns.
The entire staff is wonderful! Dr Dac is one of the most caring, compassionate, and thorough Veterinarians you will find!
- Maria V.